Re: [xml] Python bindings and Xpath and namespaces

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 01:12:32AM +0100, Nic Ferrier wrote:
I'm trying to look at XML namespaces from xpath using the Python
bindings.

I expected to find a Python mapping for:

   xmlGetNsList(document, node)

but there doesn't seem to be one.

Am I out of date?
Is this an ommision?

  an omission I guess because the binding generation tool cannot
directly handle the list of strings return values.

(because it should be done some other way)

  you can get the namespace list of an element node directly
by walking the nsdef list, so it should be possible to rewrite
the equivalent function in Python.

Daniel