[xml] Installation of XML::LibXML and libxml2 (windows)

Hi,
I am trying to install XML::LibXML (Perl) which requires libxml.
Never thought it could be that difficult to install...
I've downloaded and copied the dll's of libxml2, iconv and zlib
to the directory C:/Windows/System which is a directory of my PATH-var...
Could somebody explain me, why the compilation of the XML::LibXML package
doesn't work??
The ouput:
C:\..\downloads\XML-LibXML\perl Makefile.PL

enable native perl UTF8
looking for -lxml2... no
looking for -llibxml2... no
libxml2 not found
Try setting LIBS and INC values on the command line
Or get libxml2 from
  http://xmlsoft.org/
If you install via RPMs, make sure you also install the -devel
RPMs, as this is where the headers (.h files) are.

thx,
simon