Re: [xml] redicting parts of trees

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 11:12:03AM -0400, Rob Richards wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:

okay, thanks for the informations! I assume you will follow this thread
and check that the outcome could be used for your implementation within
PHP, right ?

Of course. I dont mind helping out on it either, just havent had time
lately to say I'd take ownership of it. Would at a minimum want to test
it as it progresses.

  cool,

One thing I was thinking about that may be handy is allowing a callback
funtion as an argument - though not a necessity as the subtreee can
always be walked a second time. Not sure how other implementations
handle it, but moving a subtree will require the PHP implementation to
update its doc references and counters, internal objects, etc.. which
are stored within _private of nodes. A callback function passing the old
doc or new doc (depending upon when it gets called) and the node would
be a nice to have, but as mentioned not a necessisty.

  one more potential field in Casimier's ctxt,

Daniel