Re: [xml] redicting parts of trees

Daniel Veillard wrote:

 okay, thanks for the informations! I assume you will follow this thread
and check that the outcome could be used for your implementation within PHP, right ?
Of course. I dont mind helping out on it either, just havent had time lately to say I'd take ownership of it. Would at a minimum want to test it as it progresses.

One thing I was thinking about that may be handy is allowing a callback funtion as an argument - though not a necessity as the subtreee can always be walked a second time. Not sure how other implementations handle it, but moving a subtree will require the PHP implementation to update its doc references and counters, internal objects, etc.. which are stored within _private of nodes. A callback function passing the old doc or new doc (depending upon when it gets called) and the node would be a nice to have, but as mentioned not a necessisty.

Rob