Re: [xml] xmlReaderForMemory question

_HI_ Jeremy,

Data are stored in the xmlDocPtr and you can do all that you want through this pointer.

Just look at the xml code examples on the website, parser.c ( or tree ) for example. There are very simple examples, but they provide the minimum to a quick start and it will show you how to procede in a few minutes.

 Regards,

Jeremy Enos wrote:
I want to provide a few separate functions which make up my xml interface.

read_file
validate
parse
free_mem

Because these are separate, they'll be called with an argument which is a pointer to some data structure that I've read from the file. Should I just hold this data as a char array, or is there a better way already built in? For example, if read_file returns an xmlTextReaderPtr pointer, I think I lose the ability to clean up the memory from the char array I read in. Unless xmlReaderForMemory does that as well on cleanup? The API document makes no mention of it. thanks again for helping a beginner- I hope to accelerate on this before long.

   Jeremy