Re: [xml] gethrtime and *Timer

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 11:58:53AM -0800, Rick Jones wrote:
I'm not at all sure that gettimeofday() overhead is an issue for libxml2,
but thought I'd point-out (at the risk of bringing-up something already
discussed) that a number of platforms seem to have a lighter-weight
gethrtime() call that can be used to time things.

I suppose that as I get farther along with netperf4 I may see if
gettimeofday() overhead is indeed an issue.

There is an even simpler way to check:

  grep gettimeofday *.c
    -> testSAX.c and xmllint.c

I really don't think it's a library issue it's only used by CLI tools
front end.
For performance analysis I usually do top down, i.e. run and then
check the majors offenders for said run.

Daniel