Re: [xml] thoughts?

Speaking for myself and not for anybody else in the project or elsewhere.

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 11:47:56AM -0800, Rick Jones wrote:
http://veillard.com/nohelp.html

  It's my choice so far because I have been extremely annoyed by this
issue. It doesn't imply any change in Licence or something of that order
just that I don't feel like giving my time away for companies which on
the other hand bite me by paying lawyers and lobbyist to threaten my
programming freedom. If you are using libxml2 it is because that freedom
existed in the first place don't remove it! If you are using libxml2 for
an open source project I will of course help you !
  I may cool down or find a better way to express those companies how
much I'm annoyed (if you have ideas, I welcome them privately at
daniel veillard com) in which case it will be just temporary. I am feeling
at risk, I do feel libxml2 and the whole project potentially at risk due
to this action, and I feel I must not let this go unnoticed.

Daniel