Von: Mickautsch, Alfred
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. März 2005 11:46
An: 'Pierre Joye'
Betreff: AW: [xml] xmlwriter, flush file buffer

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: xml-bounces gnome org [mailto:xml-bounces gnome org]Im
Auftrag von
Pierre Joye
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. März 2005 11:00
An: xml gnome org
Betreff: [xml] xmlwriter, flush file buffer

Hello,

I'm a bit confused with xmlTextWriterFlush (simple wrapper around
xmlOutputBufferFlush).

I expected it to flush the IO and not only to flush the
buffer to the
IO. After a short review, it seems that xmlFileFlush should
be called
as well. Actually the buffer is just pushed out, and no system flush
is done. xmlFileFlush being called only using the closecallback
(default callback).

Is it the expected behiavior?

It is the behaviour of a xmlOutputBuffer created with
xmlOutputBufferCreateFilename().

The problem is basically the same as described here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/xml gnome org/msg00140.html

My problem is that I have to mess up directly with the IO when using
the libxml IO implementation.

You should create your writer with
xmlNewTextWriter(xmlOutputBufferPtr out), providing your own
xmlOutputBuffer, with a xmlOutputWriteCallback that suits your needs.
Regards,

--Pierre

Servus -- Alfred