Re: [xml] xmlSetTreeDoc and dictionaries

I have to say its much more useful than just maintainers work.
Using valgrind works well for debugging an application, but enabling mem-debug along with it can speed up debugging memleaks at least another 50%. For complex apps and larger documents being able to find the exact points of the document that are leaking along with the trace from valgrind makes it extremely easy locate and fix any leaks. That was the first reason I started using that flag and am surprised it wouldnt be used more by developers.

Rob

Daniel Veillard wrote:

 Okay --with-mem-debug is good for maintainers work. It's more pedantic
than any average application developper would need, but yeah having element names not allocated from the document dictionnary is a non-common
condition, that I prefer to flag if it even happen by mistake during libxml2
regression tests.

Daniel