[xml] Perl and libxml2

There is a perl module, XML::LibXML, that is supposed to be a wrapper around
libxml2 but it hasn't been changed since Nov 2004.  Is this an "official"
wrapper (i.e., has there been any recognition or cooperation between its
developers and those of libxml2 as is apparently the case with Python)?

If so, I haven't found any links to it on the xmlsoft site (or any other
perl bindings link).

I would like to have the advantages of the new streaming tree reader in
libxml2 and haven't so far found any suitable perl module.  I will roll my
own if I have to, but pointers to existing code would be helpful.

Thanks.

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida