[xml] Noob question

I've been playing with libxml2,
and I've managed to achieve pretty much everything I need to. the only thing I
can't seem to do, is get the length of the content inside a text/cdata node.
this is usuafull for allocating memory, or especially when you don't know what
kind of data is inside a CData section. I mean, it seems logical that you can
somehow get access to this information on a struct somewhere, as when you
create a cdata section you have to put a size in.

Any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Daine Mamacos.

--