Re: [xml] Two questions about libxml2

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 11:42:27PM -0700, Tian WenQiang wrote:
Hi all,

    I'm a new guy of libxml2, I want to use it in my
linux system. I have got some information about
libxml2 from the web site, but I still have some
questions about feature of libxml2:

1. I know that the libxml2 support XPath 1.0, dose it
mean that it also support DOM3-XPath or not?

  libxml2 does not support DOM c.f. the main page:
    http://xmlsoft.org/

    "To some extent libxml2 provides support for the following additional specifications but doesn't claim to
implement them completely:

        * Document Object Model (DOM) http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core/ the document model, but it
doesn't implement the API itself, gdome2 does this on top of libxml2"

  Answer is no. DOM is not a good API for the C language.

2. The XMLSec-Lib(XML Security Library) support
Signature and Encryption, libxml2 can support Digital
Signature by using XMLSec-Lib. But how about
Encryption? dose libxml2 support Encryption by using
XMLSec-Lib?

  libxml2 does not support Encryption not Digital Signature.
  XMLSec does support Encryption and Digital Signature using libxml2
libxslt and various othe cryptographic libraries.

Daniel