Re: [xml] Apple/Darwin Multiple Architecture OS-X

I am trying to build a "fat" libxml2.a library as opposed to "thin" ... the version I am using works fine on the Apple OS X so it in some way supports it. I get usable static and dynamic libraries.

But only in a thin version. fat versions contain multiple architectures in the same library. When I add the switches to make the library fat there is a conflict ... and I cannot see the conflict nor how it got set as it is.

I was hoping someone on the list knew what to change to get me a fat version.

In the alternative, does the latest version support fat libraries?

At 01:52 AM 8/9/2005, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 06:03:31PM -0700, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
> I am hoping there is a configure option I can use ... but I am not
> finding it.  Or some other way to build libxml2.a or equivalent (I
> prefer static library with dead-strip and both architectures).
>
> Does anyone know how I can do this :-) ?

  I'm nt sure what you are trying to achieve. There is native support
for libxml2 (and libxslt) in latest MacOS X builds, but apparently you
use something older.
  If you want to get only static libraries use configure --disable-shared
For the specifics details of compiling on your OS this list is however
not the best place to ask I guess.

Daniel

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122 Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I sleep :-) Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new pictures! Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html

NEW Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon (with Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels).

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/corvairs.html