Re: [xml] include XML file in another XML file

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
[..]
Hope that helps.

Thank you. I'll try above.

Sorry but I'm still interested answer on quesion about Solaris XML
man pan pages correctnes :)

Sorry, but I don't know.

More detailed example from Solaris below. Both files as you see have
DOCTYPE. Can you look on this ?

As far as I can see from a quick look it is not well-formed:

--- gdm.1 file ---
<!DOCTYPE REFENTRY PUBLIC
"-//Sun Microsystems//DTD DocBook V3.0-Based
 SolBook Subset V2.0//EN"
------------------

You can't have the DOCTYPE declaration here, if you include this file from
"gdmchooser.1".

How it can be correct if in document only one time can be used DOCTYPE
? :>

As I explained in my last mail, the XML specification defines it this way.
For example if you have a "main file" which includes several other files
like this:

 main.xml
   a.xml
   b.xml
   c.xml

Again, every file which is included from main.xml can't have _any_ DOCTYPE
declaration! Except "main.xml" of course. Unfortunatly I can't find the
text in the XML specification at the moment.

And/or this files only look like correct and all "magick" is in
man tool which know how to correctly parse this files (?). Is it
possible ?

I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain it again?

One tip:
Before you try to transform your text from XML into something other
useful, you should validate it with xmllint. It is senseless to apply
stylesheets to invalid or not well-formed XML files.

Do one step (validation) and if this is successfull do the other
(transformation). The other way around doesn't work.

Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr web de>