Re: [xml] include XML file in another XML file

Hi,

On Friday 22 April 2005 09:55, you wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
[...]
Not a bug in xsltproc. Fix your XML file. :)

OK.. but how ? :)
In case Solaris DOCTYPE is in man page with inclution and in
included file.
Is it mean Solaris case is incorrect in XML syntax sense ? :-o

Ok, I think I overlooked something. There are two errors actually:

1. I described one problem with the DOCTYPE declaration. In your case, you
have to remove this line from the file "vipw.8.xml". You end up with:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!-- NO DOCTYPE declaration here! -->
 <refentry id='vipw.8'>
 .
 .
 </refentry>

2. The file "vigr.8.xml" is not well-formed XML[1]. You can't use an
external entity after the internal subset of the DTD. You have to begin
with a start tag always, include _then_ the external entity and close the
tag:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <!DOCTYPE reference PUBLIC
    "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"