Re: [xml] iconv and zlib1 always needed on Windows?

On 14.04.2005 17:21, Jay Patrick Howard wrote:
Am working on a project that uses libxml for very simple parsing and
wondered if it would be possible to not distribute iconv.dll and zlib1.dll
if my project doesn't use that functionality.  What conditions or calls
result in these being loaded?  So far our stuff seems to work correctly
when only libxml2.dll is present.

Then go on with your stuff. Distribute it if you like. You will have to build your own binaries of libxml2.

Using these iconv and zlib libraries, or not using them, is a compile-time decision. Those binaries I build and distribute will require iconv and zlib for all times. Their presence will be required even if their functionality is never used.

Ciao,
Igor