Re: [xml] strange xmllint behaviour

Le mardi 19 avril 2005 Ã 13:32 +0200, Kasimier Buchcik a Ãcrit :
On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 13:07 +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 20:51 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
I'm trying to validate the following document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";>
  <wsdl:types>
  </wsdl:types>
</wsdl:definitions>

against the wsdl schema (found at the expected url)

Somehow xmllint outputs this crazy validation error. It's so gross I
fear I'm missing something obvious (verified on FC Devel & windows)

It's a bug and related to bug [1].

[...]

The schema processor still has an issue with <any> wildcards with a
namespace value of "##other".
I tried a workaround for the problem described in [1] but it's
apparently not working.

The instance is accepted if the workaround is removed; unfortunately
an instance like the following would be then accepted as well:

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";>
    <wsdl:fds/>
</wsdl:definitions>

I.e. we are currently not able to restrict the namespaces to "##other".

I will remove the workaround if there are no objections, since it seems
to do more harm than good.

[...]

OK, workaround removed in xmlschemas.c rev. 1.131.
But with the current state, the schema processor will be quite useless
in conjunction with the <any> wildcard: since it's "unbounded" it will
let pass _any_ element node.

We certainly need help from the automaton module here to solve this.

Thanks - not being able to use xmllint to validate core soap schemas was
slightly annoying.

Any ETA on when it'll hit a release ?

Regards,

--