[xml] strange xmllint behaviour

I'm trying to validate the following document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";>
        <wsdl:types>
        </wsdl:types>
</wsdl:definitions>

against the wsdl schema (found at the expected url)

Somehow xmllint outputs this crazy validation error. It's so gross I
fear I'm missing something obvious (verified on FC Devel & windows)

[nim rousalka tmp]$ xmllint --debug --schema wsdl.xsd test.wsdl
DOCUMENT
version=1.0
encoding=UTF-8
URL=spp.wsdl
standalone=true
  ELEMENT wsdl:definitions
    namespace wsdl href=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/
    TEXT
      content=
    ELEMENT wsdl:types
      TEXT
        content=
    TEXT
      content=
spp.wsdl:3: element types: Schemas validity error : Element
'wsdl:types': This element is not expected. Expected is one of
( {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}documentation,
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}import,
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}types,
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}message,