Re: [xml] character encodings

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 01:36:54PM -0700, Fred Smith wrote:
If My program is running on linux, this is fine as iconv on linux knows
about encoding "windows-1252". If my program is running on AIX 5.2L, it
is NOT fine, as the iconv on AIX appears to not know about that charset.

Has anyone else here had to deal with this (or similar) problem? If so
can you offer advice on the best way to deal with it? (creating a custom
iconv handler for aix looks to be a pain in the rear, and I'd love to
avoid the necessity).

  Get the windows-1252 <-> UTF-8 conversion routines in your own program
and plug them at the libxml2 API level
   http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-encoding.html#xmlNewCharEncodingHandler

[....]
As pointed by Liam and posted over and over on this list, this violates
the conditions of use of this mailing list, get it fixed or use another
email account.

Daniel