Re: [xml] I want do donate, but I don't know how

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 08:10:17PM -0400, Mikhail S Grushinskiy wrote:
Hello,

I'd like to contribute xmlstarlet (http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/) to GNOME libxml2/libxslt project.
Assuming that you agree to accept this donation what would I need to do?

  Hi,

I'm not sure what this would really mean. I don't think this makes sense
to really integrate it unless the sourcecode is really small, people are
already complaining that libxml2 is too big :-)
Integrating existing code is usually not trivial, there is a number of issues
about style coherency, Licence and Copyright, and maintainance of said code.
XML shell scriptability would be useful in general, I know that it could
have helped fro example for some XML based processing when configuring some
modules.
So there is pros and cons, I would need more informations on what motivates
you to do this, potential extra dependancies xmlstarlet would add, I would
have to look at the code too. It might make sense to contribute it to GNOME
as a distinct module from libxml2, this would be another approach, but right
not it's unclear what the best way might be, and it depends on a number of
informations I don't have yet :-)

  thanks,

Daniel