'Re: "Re: Re: [xml] multithreading issue?"'

Hi,

oliverst online de wrote:
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> schrieb am 18.10.2004, 14:33:39:

[...]

http://xmlsoft.org/threads.html

"call xmlInitParser() in the "main" thread before using any of the
 libxml2 API (except possibly selecting a different memory allocator)"

I know! That's why I asked for the reason some functions in the libxml2
still call it. If it's the guideline you have to call it, before you do
anything with it, those functions don't need to call it again. And some
other initialisations also seem like they are called twice.

AFAIK some of the functions call xmlInitParser for historical and for
single-threaded application reasons. Have a look at Daniels message [1];
it explains, why those calls cannot be removed.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2003-August/msg00178.html

Greetings,

Kasimier