Re: [xml] how to read from network by xmlReadFile

中井和広 said:
In a message dated Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:56:30 +0900,
 <veillard redhat com> wrote:
  <snip>
veillard>either your libxml2 is compiled without HTTP support, or the HTTP
veillard>resource is not available/not XML or your code just didn't work
veillard>for other reasons.
veillard>
veillard>Daniel

Is Supporting HTTP optional?
My. platform is gentoo. and I do nothing to libxml2, but emerge them.

Although the support of HTTP is optional within libxml2, the standard Gentoo
installation certainly has it enabled (the error message which you received is
only generated if HTTP is enabled).  I think the most likely problem is that
your local webserver is not allowing you to access this file with the URL you
are providing (i.e., as Daniel mentioned, the "resource is not available").  I
suggest you try another utility (e.g. wget) and see if it doesn't have the
same problem.

HTH
Bill