Re: [xml] xmlSchema : enumeration and libxml

On 24/05/04 13:12, Jeremie Blanc-Tranchant inrialpes fr wrote:
I have a problem to validated my xml document using enumeration tag
in schema,
like :
<xsd:simpleType name="PossibleOneStepNSProblemValues">
   <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
     <xsd:enumeration value="LCP"/>
     <xsd:enumeration value="QP"/>

     <xsd:enumeration value="Relay"/>

   </xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

The error is the following :

Schemas validity error : Failed to validate type with facet
enumeration

Moreover, I have got strange error : Unimplemented block at
xmlschemas.c:5353
  Jeremie,
You haven't provided enough information to tell what is going on.  I
have a schema that
does what you seem to be doing, at it works.  The closest TODO line to
xmlschemas.c:5353 in
version 2.6.9 should not be triggered by the schema fragment you
provided above.
What version of libxml2 are you using?
Do you have a complete minimal schema and xml doc that recreates the
problem?
Without at least that information it's extremely difficult for anyone
to help you.

On someday, Igor Zlatkovic wrote:
If you must use XML Schemas, then you must use a different parser
which
fully supports it. I recomend Apache Xerces.
 What a load of crap.  I'm using xml schemas just fine.  There are
parts that aren't
implemented in libxml2 but that doesn't mean you MUST use a different
parser.
Taking a attitude like this means that no-one will ever bother to use
the xml schema
support, so the missing parts will never get done b/c no one is
interested.  That's
hardly a productive approach.

Staying with libxml, you must use a different validation mechanism. I

recomend RelaxNG. RelaxNG is far simpler than XML Schema and doesn't
lack any significant part of its functionality. RelaxNG is the very
reason why none of the developers here really need XML Schemas.
  sure, as long as your schemas don't need to interact with anyone
else,
who may or may not be able to use RelaxNG.

eric