[xml] Unwanted logging in htmlParseDoc()

My app uses htmlParseDoc() to get URLs from html documents. It works great, but there is extensive logging of all parse errors to stderr whenever the html isn't perfect (i.e., 99% of the time). Is there a way to turn this off? The logging really clogs up our users' console logs.

I've looked at the online docs but haven't been able to figure out an answer. Would htmlParseFile() make a difference? Should I be doing something with a context?

I'm using libxml2.2 as shipped on Mac OS X 10.3.0. We've also use 2.6.2 which seems to do the same.

OS X users can check out the app, which displays images automatically from web sites, and see what it does in the Console.

Thanks!

Paul Collins
Gracion Software

** Now in Public beta! http://www.opendoor.com/envision/ **
** Envision: a new way to experience the web **
** Gracion Software   http://www.gracion.com/ **
** Tel: +1 (541) 488-3488 iChat/AV/AIM: gracionsoft **
** DigiTunnel 1.3 PPTP/VPN client for OS X **