Re: [xml] xmlSchema : enumeration and libxml

On 24/05/04 13:12, Jeremie Blanc-Tranchant inrialpes fr wrote:
Hi! I have a problem to validated my xml document using enumeration tag in schema, like : <xsd:simpleType name="PossibleOneStepNSProblemValues"> <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string"> <xsd:enumeration value="LCP"/> <xsd:enumeration value="QP"/> <xsd:enumeration value="Relay"/> </xsd:restriction> </xsd:simpleType> The error is the following : Schemas validity error : Failed to validate type with facet enumeration Moreover, I have got strange error : Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5353

That is exactly what it says: unimpemlented block. The support for XML Schemas in libxml is not complete. Tt doesn't seem to be a priority for anyone here so don't expect full support for XML Schemas in the near future.

What you can do is:

If you must use XML Schemas, then you must use a different parser which fully supports it. I recomend Apache Xerces.

Staying with libxml, you must use a different validation mechanism. I recomend RelaxNG. RelaxNG is far simpler than XML Schema and doesn't lack any significant part of its functionality. RelaxNG is the very reason why none of the developers here really need XML Schemas.

Alternatively, you can implement the missing bits of libxml to fully support XML Schemas.

Sorry if any of this sounds hopeless to you, but this is the way things are :-)

Ciao,
Igor