[xml] libxml2-2.6.4 segfault on some SAX regression tests (solaris8, gcc3.4.0)

Daniel,

Huge appologies for sending to you directly, but I've tried a number of
times to send variants of the following message from two subscribed
addresses to xml gnome org, but they are all getting held for
"suspicious headers", including a dummy test message that basically had
nothing in it. Could you redirect this message or otherwise push it
along? Thanks, -Steve

figured I'd post.
Could anyone suggest either something to try, or things I could do to
generate/supply more helpful details (make log etc)?

Thanks much,

-Steve

Some details:
% uname -a
SunOS kobuk 5.8 Generic_108528-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire

% /prod/ddm/usr/local/bin/gcc -v
Reading specs from
/prod/ddm/usr/local/bin/../lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.4.0/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as
--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --disable-nls
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.0
(gcc-3.4.0-sol8-sparc-local.gz  from http://www.sunfreeware.com)

zlib-1.2.1
libiconv-1.8

I've tried building libxml2 from scratch myself, and I've also used to
pre-built libxml2-2.6.4-sol8-sparc-local.gz from
http://www.sunfreeware.com to build the testSAX application.  The
results were the same.

For the following subset of test files, make tests shows differences
from expected output (empty test output files). A bit of playing around
indicated that testSAX generates a segmentation fault for these input
files (generally just after a SAX.internalSubset call it seems, if that
suggests anything).

bigentname.xml
dtd12
ent1
ent2
ent3
ent4
ent6
ent7
ent8
eve.xml
xml1
Xml2

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information
that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to
whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are
not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify
the sender.  Thank you.