Re: [xml] Redirecting XML error output.

        Hi Tomas,
Thanks for that - I moved the xmlSetGenericErrorFunc setup to be called on a per-thread basis and now it works fine. A thousand thanks!

Regards,
                Jose.

On 11 Jun 2004, at 07:37, Tomas Sieger wrote:

I have similar experience. My problem was I called
xmlSetGenericErrorFunc from one thread, while libxml2 errors appeared (lately) in another thread. When I set the error handler also in the other thread, my error handler function was correctly used.

libxml2 doc is slacking (not only regarding this issue) :-((

However, after debugging libxml2 and crowling thru its code my opinion is that error handlers are being set up on a per-thread basis.

hope it helps,
 Tomas

Jose Commins wrote:
I have tried using xmlSetGenericErrorFunc and xmlGenericErrorFunc to stop the parser from dumping information to the system log but it still outputs errors to it. I have seen on another post a way to pipe the stream to dev/null but I thought it would have been possible with the above functions?
    Any help greatly appreciated!
Regards,
        Jose.