Legal boilerplates policy (was: [xml] Namespace normalization/reconciliation)

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 12:32, Daniel Veillard wrote:

  As explained many time already, those legal boileplate are completely
incompatible with the mailing list usage since we *must* archive, index
and make public the mails send there. Please fix on your end, or change
the email your sent from. We do not intend to comply to your restrictions,
that you're inflicting on the list users and maintainers, reread that
crap it's not acceptable really ! You can get that kind of garantee
in closed source (a.k.a. proprietary) environment, please indicate to
whoever put that policy forward that it's not compatible with common
open-source community work.

Rather than having to address this issue on an ad hoc basis (this issue
will continue to pop up as long as corporations have lawyers), how about
adding a "shrink-wrap" clause to the subscription procedure that
requires the subscriber to grant you the rights to archive and publish
their correspondence on the mailing-list? If they refuse to accept, they
will not be subscribed.