Re: How do dictionaries work? (Was: [xml] using xmlDocSetRootElement to move nodes between documents)

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 11:44:04AM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
      I think most people would call that a bug, or at least describe it as
non-intuitive behavior that needs to be *clearly* documented.  At the very
least, things like xmlUnlinkNode should mention that they _don't_ actually
entirely unlink a node.  As it stands, I didn't find much at all about
dictionaries in the APIs or the docs, not even a basic description of
what a dictionary is, what it does, and how it relates to xmlDoc's.
Has this been described somewhere?  Or can you give us a brief intro into
the workings of dictionaries?

  Right, that was introduced with 2.6.x IIRC, but didn't got covered in
APIs descriptions. It's usually transparent, except if you move nodes
from docs to docs. Use a Copy for this, moving tree always had problems
anyways due to doc, namespaces and entities references.
  In my *cought* plenty of free time, I will document this. But my job
is not to developp libxml2, and I have only so much time left. Create
a request for enhancement in bugzilla please,

Daniel