Re: [xml] xmlDocDumpMemory() is VERY slow on Win32

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 10:00:46AM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:
Well, putting a printf() call at the start of xmlCharEncOutFunc() shows
that it gets called hundreds of times over (all evenly spread) when
there is an encoding declaration in the XML file, but not even once when
there isn't.  (I tried both with and without iconv support enabled in
the libxml2 build.)

It seems that out->encoder is NULL in xmlOutputBufferWrite() [xmlIO.c]
when there is no encoding declaration.

Is that what was expected?

  yes. Internal representation is UTF8. Saving to UTF-8 is a noop,
conversion is needed for other encodings, perfectly normal.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.
If you have received this message in error or there are any problems,
please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.

  This violates the conditions of use of this mailing list, as we require
the right to copy, archive, and expose on public web pages the emails
targetting this mailing-list. If your employeer can't satisfy this requirement
you should post from another address or seek private support, but please
fix this we need to be able to archive, index, and publish posts made to this
list and clearly this statement conflicts with our requirement.

Daniel