[xml] Virus Emails

I, too, am concerned about the longer term growing virus problems because I am seeing them from other list servers besides XML.

What virus protection software is used on the servers? Any? Or is it just filters for headers, etc. Is this something that GNU should, could,would provide as a service? Are the opensource (A slew are listed on freshmeat.net) virus protections or commercial (Sophos, et cetera) being utilized on the server? What is gnome.org's direction in implementing longer term solutions to virus protection? I think having a slew of useless emails coming from the @gnome.org doesn't look good (even if it is not their fault). Yes, I know there are no solutions contained herein, however perhaps we could talk through to a solution workable for everyone (well most people).

Some of these questions perhaps should not even be considered in the open email forum. However, a smaller group may be able to address the problems and help Daniel Veillard out.

--
Respectfully,

Paul Robert Hayes
paulroberthayes earthlink net