Re: [xml] libxml2 & libcurl

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 08:26:32AM +0100, Christian Engwer wrote:
All you have to do, is to provide the apropriate xmlIO handler. The
Interface is very easy (http://xmlsoft.org/xmlio.html). I also had a
short look at libcurl and saw an example implementing libcurls version of
fopen/fclose/fread. So you nearly have all you need to write the IO
handler... it's nearly only copy-and-paste.

If you have any quest, I can try to help you. I already have some
expirience with the xmlIO interface.

  BTW, I just added an example of custom xmlIO
   http://xmlsoft.org/examples/index.html#InputOutput

It shows how for example an XInclude process can be used to retrieve
information from different sources (like an SQL database) as a way
to generate cleanly dynamic document. The database back-end is not
part of the example it returns a predefined document but it should be
relatively easy to implement in a concrete case.

Daniel