Re: [xml] libxml2 & libcurl

Hi Martin,

Has anyone used libcurl as the url handler of libxml2 (for xinclude at least)?
Is it possible? How? Thoughts, problems, examples ?

I haven't used it, but it shouldn't be a problem at all.

All you have to do, is to provide the apropriate xmlIO handler. The
Interface is very easy (http://xmlsoft.org/xmlio.html). I also had a
short look at libcurl and saw an example implementing libcurls version of
fopen/fclose/fread. So you nearly have all you need to write the IO
handler... it's nearly only copy-and-paste.

If you have any quest, I can try to help you. I already have some
expirience with the xmlIO interface.

I'd like to xinclude documents from PKI protected ssl urls. Has
anyone experimented with something similar, or considers such
functionality as useful?

Sounds usefull... nobody would like to reimplement all this stuff I
guess...

Bye Christian