Re: [xml] REPOST: xmlTextReader And RelaxNG (was Accurate Line Numbers?)

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 07:37:05AM -0800, Reid Spencer wrote:
Hi,

Since my last post ( see below ), I have discovered that I don't get
accurate line numbers from xmlTextReaderGetLocator because my entire
document is getting read ahead so that RelaxNG validation can occur. If
I turn off RelaxNG validation then the line numbers come out correctly.
So, I am faced with either figuring out how to modify my RelaxNG grammar
to not require read ahead or using my own validation mechanism.  I'm
leaning towards the latter because there was no response on my original
post but I thought I'd give it one more try.

   Line numbering should be saved in xmlNode for elements.
xmlTextReaderGetLocator might not use the best interface at this moment.
Open a bugzilla bug about this please...

Daniel