Re: [xml] Using HTTP POST from XSLT to access webservices

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 03:38:50PM -0500, Mikhail S Grushinskiy wrote:
OK, I 've found that exslt:document element uses HTTP PUT for HTTP URLs

  yes, that's the METHOD originally designed to save a document.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<greeting xml:lang="en">hello world</greeting>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<greeting xml:lang="en">hello world</greeting>

BTW: this is a BUG (It repeats message twice!).

  Strange

I wonder could exslt:document be enhanced to perform HTTP POST,

/**
 * xmlRegisterHTTPPostCallbacks:
 *
 * By default, libxml submits HTTP output requests using the "PUT" method.
 * Calling this method changes the HTTP output method to use the "POST"
 * method instead.
 *
 */
void
xmlRegisterHTTPPostCallbacks( void ) {

and return
results?

  That would require a complete change to exslt:document....

What are your opinions on ways to deal with a response? Put it into XSLT
variable or parse
it with XSLT under some element which would be a child of exsl:document?

  None, it's not possible so ...

Daniel