Re: [xml] Strange xml:base/CWD problem

On Sunday 19 December 2004 20:37, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 06:20:46PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:
Hello,

I have a validation problem which is dependent on what the current
working directory is. My documents/schemata are quite large, so perhaps
someone has a clue what the problem could be before I start digging
through, for finding the bug, or my mistake.
This is the output:

bash-2.05b$  xmllint --nonet --noout --schema
../schemata/TestCollection.xsd --xinclude testCollection.xml
Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:5640
xmlValidness.xml:25: element testDescriptor: Schemas validity error :
Element 'testDescriptor': The attribute 'xml:base' is not allowed.
testCollection.xml fails to validate

[...]

Any ideas?

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#base

Part of XInclude xml:base fixup. libxml2 will add the base attribute only
if necessary, i.e. if URI references mades from the document resulting from
the XInclude processing may get wrong. if everything is in the same
directory then those are not needed.

Ok, it is inevitable. From what I can tell, this means that in practice must
_any_ XML format where its users may want to use XInclusions must add support
for attributes from the xmlns ns(the lang attribute is need to, AFAICT). Is
it just me who find that a major setback for XInclusions' usefulness?
Afterall, the schema must be changed for the sole reason of supporting
XInclude.

I'm pondering, is it at all possible to make the implementation not break the
validation? Not AFAICT, since the spec says to add the attributes to the
result infoset, and that the validation must be done on the result info set,
not the source info sets..

Cheers,

                Frans