Re: [xml] Validating and XIncludes

On Monday 13 December 2004 14:04, Gary Pennington wrote:
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 01:49:16PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:
On Monday 13 December 2004 13:15, Gary Pennington wrote:
<snip>

I did use --postvalid as per my earlier email. I've also tried just plain
old --valid and that also gives me errors.

Sorry, I really should have read your letter better.

Since xmllint doesn't complain about xi:include elements("got (service_bundle
service service ...)"), the XInclusions are done properly. There's two
problems, AFAICT:

1) The DTD isn't namespace aware(it doesn't allow the xmlns attribute):

No declaration for attribute xmlns:xi of element service_bundle

The solution to this, if not adding to the DTD the xmlns attribute to
service_bundle, is to place the xmlns attribute inside /each/ include
element, like this:

<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude"; href="..." />

(since all is then substituted)

2) The second issue, which is puculiar to me, is this:
Element service_bundle content does not follow the DTD, expecting
(service_bundle* | service* | xi:include*)

If I read this correctly, the DTD apparently says that an "xi:include" element
may be in the document. To me, that's schema design which can be improved,
perhaps the author didn't know about --postvalid.

Cheers,

                Frans