Re: [xml] Validating and XIncludes

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 01:49:16PM +0000, Frans Englich wrote:
On Monday 13 December 2004 13:15, Gary Pennington wrote:
Hi,

Hello Gary,

I don't know if this is a bug in libxml2 or not, it could be just that
I'm trying to do something that isn't possible with XIncludes and DTD
based validation...

Try using the --postvalid flag plus --xinclude, it ensures the XInclusions are
resolved before doing the DTD validation, AFAIK. If that still doesn't work,
it could be that the DTD isn't namespace aware and you have trouble with the
xmlns attribute in the document element(but it doesn't look so in your
output), which for example the Docbook DTDs are.

Cheers,

              Frans

Hi Frans,

I did use --postvalid as per my earlier email. I've also tried just plain
old --valid and that also gives me errors.

I'm not totally clear on your comment about the DTD being namespace aware.
Could you elaborate on that for me?

Thanks,

Gary
--