Re: [xml] libxml2 performance

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 10:39:58AM -0700, Nix N. Nix wrote:
On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 12:27 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

2/create the data sample

That's the problem. I would have to convert all our file I/O code from
stdio + strcmp + g_ascii_strtod + ... to libxml.  I don't want to do
that if it doesn't produce beneficial results.

  Come'on, what about being serious 2 seconds ? You don't have to
put real data! But I can't guess the structure your expect to generate
and of course parsing speed depends on the structure, platform, compilers,
etc .... I can give you meaningless data, and let you base a decision on that
but sorry, I'm an engineer, and not in marketing yet.
  W.r.t. generating the data, choose your XML structure first then, generate
samples. And you don't need libxml2 to *generate* XML, if you know your strings
are garanteed to be ascii for example stdio will work just fine. Perl too
if you just want to generate random data.

Daniel