[xml] libxml2 performance

Hi!

I would like to know how well libxml2 performs when reading large files.
The reason I ask is that I want to convert our file format to XML.

Our current file format is plain text. Here's how long (in seconds) it
takes us to load approximately 23MB of name=value pairs on various
architectures:

iBook G4 Laptop  : 39.77
Pentium 4 Desktop: 29.25
Sun SPARC Server : 34.31

Can libxml perform this significantly faster ? That is, would it be
worth it (for this reason alone, even) to switch to libxml ? I have a
tentative XML schema for our file format:
ftp://go-nix.ca/incoming/QCADesigner.design.xsd

I appreciate any help/information/advice you can offer on this topic.

Thanks !