Re: [xml] problem building libxml2 rpm: missing macros.python file

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 11:09:52PM -0700, Sood, Sanjeev wrote:
I am trying to rebuild the libxml rpm, but I get the following errors
about missing macros.python file.

[root test # rpmbuild --rebuild libxml2-2.6.9-1.src.rpm

Installing libxml2-2.6.9-1.src.rpm

error: Unable to open /usr/lib/rpm/macros.python: No such file or
directory
[...]
I will appreciate any help I can get to resolve this. Thank you very
much,

  I don't know what version of rpm you're using, apparently it's
4.0.4, but that package build on the few systems I have around,
and none of them has /usr/lib/rpm/macros.python , seems to be
a problem with your rpm installation.

Daniel