[xml] problem building libxml2 rpm: missing macros.python file

I am trying to rebuild the libxml rpm, but I get the following errors about missing macros.python file.

[root test # rpmbuild --rebuild libxml2-2.6.9-1.src.rpm

Installing libxml2-2.6.9-1.src.rpm

error: Unable to open /usr/lib/rpm/macros.python: No such file or directory

error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)

error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)

error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)

error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)

error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)

error: License field must be present in package: (main package)

I have following rpms installed on the machine.

# rpm -qa | grep py

orbit-python-1.99.0-4

gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-1.99.11-8

libxml2-python-2.4.23-1

gnome-python2-1.99.11-8

pyxf86config-0.3.1-2

python-devel-2.2.1-17

pygtk2-libglade-1.99.12-7

pygtk2-1.99.12-7

rpm404-python-4.0.4-8x.27

python-2.2.1-17

gnome-python2-canvas-1.99.11-8

python-optik-1.3-2

gnome-python2-bonobo-1.99.11-8

pyOpenSSL-0.5.0.91-1

rpm-python-4.1-1.06

I will appreciate any help I can get to resolve this. Thank you very much,

-Sanjeev Sood