Re: [xml] Schema

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 03:23:56PM -0700, Jim F wrote:

Is there an intent to fully support W3C XML
schemas? Is there an anticipated release
date for an implementation? What is the
current plan?

  The current plan is that I'm focusing on other parts
at the moment, and that Relax-NG is a far better alternative
for 95% of the use cases I have seen so far.
  There is no schedule, nor release date. You can use
what's available and report bugs, but you have no garantee
I will work on them in a timely fashion (I usually try to
fix problems quickly, but W3C XML Schemas is such an horrible
spec that I have a very very hard time convincing myself to
divert myself from other task to get into that mess !)
  I always take patches if they look good, and don't break
the regression tests. It's an open source project, it will
always go faster if you help !

Daniel