[xml] libxml2 on windows compilation error...

1) It's a good idea to use a correct mailing list instead of personal email. There are many folks on mailing list and a chance to get an answer is much higher. Also one day you might get a bill for consulting services after someone would reply to you in private mail :)

For example, in this case I am not the best person to ask me questions about Windows. I am not sure I even compiled libxml2 on Windows at all (thanks to Igor's work!) I am coping your mail to libxml2 mailing list. There are folks (including Igor) who know more about
the beast (I meant Windows, not LibXML2 :) )

2) It's very hard to tell you what is your problem. One of the missing pieces is how you have configured libxml2 (i.e. which paramers you gave to ./configure.js script). Also the OS/compiler
versions might be important too.

With best regards,
Aleksey

Shruti Ahuja, Noida wrote:

Hi,
I succesfully downloaded the source for or xmlsec1-1.1.2 library. But am
unable to download the dependent libraries, i.e libxml and libxslt from
Igor's website. This might be due to some firewall settings at my
organization. I also downloaded the source for libxml but get the following
errors while building it -

Generating Code...
       link.exe /nologo /VERSION:2.5 /LIBPATH:binaries /LIBPATH:.\lib
/OPT:NOWIN98 /DLL /DEF:libxml2.int\libxml2.def  /IMPLIB:binaries\libxml2.lib
/OUT:binaries\libxml2.dll libxml2.int\c14n.obj libxml2.int\catalog.obj
libxml2.int\debugXML.obj libxml2.int\DOCBparser.obj libxml2.int\encoding.obj
libx
ml2.int\entities.obj libxml2.int\error.obj libxml2.int\globals.obj
libxml2.int\hash.obj libxml2.int\HTMLparser.obj libxml2.int\HTMLtree.obj
libxml2.int\list.obj libxml2.int\nanoftp.obj libxml2.int\nanohttp.obj
libxml2.int\parser.obj libxml2.int\parserInternals.obj
libxml2.int\relaxng.obj libxml2.int
\SAX.obj libxml2.int\threads.obj libxml2.int\tree.obj libxml2.int\uri.obj
libxml2.int\valid.obj libxml2.int\xinclude.obj libxml2.int\xlink.obj
libxml2.int\xmlIO.obj libxml2.int\xmlmemory.obj libxml2.int\xmlreader.obj
libxml2.int\xmlregexp.obj libxml2.int\xmlschemas.obj
libxml2.int\xmlschemastypes.ob
j libxml2.int\xmlunicode.obj libxml2.int\xpath.obj libxml2.int\xpointer.obj
libxml2.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol enum
libxml2.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol xmlIOHTTPClose
libxml2.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol xmlIOHTTPMatch
libxml2.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol xmlIOHTTPOpen
libxml2.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol xmlIOHTTPOpenW
libxml2.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol xmlIOHTTPRead
libxml2.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
xmlRegisterHTTPPostCallbacks
binaries\libxml2.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
LINK : fatal error LNK1141: failure during build of exports file

Can you suggest me the solution to tis problem.

Thanks,
Shruti.