[xml] about multiple XML doc parsing

Title: Message
I have a project to parsing a sequence of XML documents and constructure a big tree for those documents(only one tree).
The documents are expected to be very large. How can I do it with libxml. In my case, I use the DOM parser, but it is not
so scalable. But for SAX, I don't know how to parse the XML document into a tree structure by using SAX. Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks and Regards