[xml] Re: libxml2 Ethereal

Hello,

please use the mailing list for discussion about libxml, unless your inquiries contain private and/or confidential information. Since I cannot detect any of these in your mail, I'm forwarding this to the list.

Regarding your question, I have no idea what your output might mean. I have never used Ethereal, have no idea how it uses libxml or what it expects form it. I believe that the maintainers of Ethereal will know best how this is supposed to tick.

The only thing I see for sure is that the tool expects a version of libxml without thread support. The symbol "xmlDoValidityCheckingDefaultValue" has a different name when thread support is enabled.

Ciao,
Igor

Niclas Bentley (LN/EAB) wrote:

Hi,
I have a problem with libxml2 and Ethereal when trying to sniff&decode Diameter/SCAP.

I get the following error-messages:

The plugin iconv.dll has no version symbol
The plugin libxml2.dll has no version symbol
The plugin zlib.dll has no version symbol
Unable to find "xmlDoValidityCheckingDefaultValue"
Diameter: Using static dictionary! (Unable to use XML)
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 553, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find name for AVP 0x00000229, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 553, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 615, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find name for AVP 0x00000267, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 615, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 606, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find name for AVP 0x0000025e, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 606, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 553, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find name for AVP 0x00000229, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 553, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 602, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find name for AVP 0x0000025a, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 602, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 604, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find name for AVP 0x0000025c, Vendor 193!
Diameter: Unable to find type for avpCode 604, Vendor 193!

Best regards Niclas Bentley