Re: [xml] xmlwriter interface

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:55:38AM +0100, Mickautsch, Alfred wrote:
Hello,

I have some patches for the xmlwriter.

In the attached archive you will find the following files:
xmlwriter_20031120.patch      patch against xmlwriter.c and xmlwriter.h
testXmlwriter.c                       sample file for using the xmlwriter
testXmlwriter[1-4].c          sample output files from testXmlwriter.c

What I did:
- fixed a bug in xmlTextWriterWriteComment
- fixed a bug in xmlTextWriterEndDocument
- fixed some of the comments
- added some missing comments
- added some new functions for creating document trees:
      xmlNewTextWriterPushParser
      xmlNewTextWriterDoc
      xmlNewTextWriterTree

  Applied, I just got one reject in a comment, and apparently
the change had already been made:
patching file xmlwriter.c
Hunk #18 FAILED at 2720.
1 out of 40 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file xmlwriter.c.rej
something about -  * @format:  format string (see printf)
but I checked all occurences and they were looking just fine...

Theese things work for me and I did some testing (with testXmlwriter),
but I guess, there are still a lot of bugs in there...

  Okay I integrated the testXmlwriter in the examples, I reformated and
changed a number of little things but it seems to work okay

One of them is visible: the encoding in the first two files is written
in upper case letters opposed to the lower case letters in the input.

  Already fixed I changed the macro to use ISO uppercase in the source.

  Thanks a lot, this is commited and on-line,
    http://xmlsoft.org/examples/index.html#testWriter.c

Daniel