Re: [xml] xmlParseChunk...

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 10:41:46PM +0100, aliban gmx net wrote:
well, yes, it makes sense because my xml stream "document" is created
"on the flow" while my client interacts with the server. each time my
client receives data it must analyse them because there might be a
command to send data to the server. this follows the XMPP standarts
described at http://www.jabber.org/protocol/ and current IETF drafts
http://www.jabber.org/ietf/ and are already standart stream handling
for years in the jabber community.

  yes I know, I did a small Jabber implementation on top of SAX
using libxml2 2 years ago, so it's defintely doable.
  Still if the client send <foo>bar</foo> at the TCP/IP
socket interface, you have no garantee to receive the chunk in one block
the only thing saving it is taht usually the XML is "formatted"
and the linefeed will force a flush on the TCP/IP stream.

If libxml2 does not support parsing on the "stream-flow" it can not
be used for such thing and this would be a pity! (i like it a lot)

  Worked for me at the time.

Daniel