Re: [xml] xmlKeepBlanksDefault() behavior

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:31:09PM +0200, Christophe de VIENNE wrote:
I saw in the mailing-list archive that xmlIndentTreeOutput is considered as a
'remain from the past', so it has been set to 1 by default.
The message I'm refering to is
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2002-May/msg00176.html

If what this mail says is still right, I'd suggest to let is set to 1 all the
time, since we can't remove it without breaking the API.
This way the behavior of xmlKeepBlanksDefault(xmlKeepBlanksDefault(0)) would
be more logical, and the format parameter of output function more easy to
use.

  What is the problem in practice. Why would changing this "improve" the
library ? I need a rationale based on a concrete case before deciding
to change something at that level, people may have built expectation
on the existing behaviour and I really need to be convinced before
changing something so core to libxml2 and libxslt processing.

Daniel