[xml] Re: xmllints options

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 11:57:31PM +0400, Vitaly Ostanin wrote:

$(PAGES): $(srcdir)/xslt.html $(srcdir)/site.xsl
         -@(if [ -x $(bindir)/xsltproc ] ; then \
           $(bindir)/xsltproc --html $(srcdir)/site.xsl
$(srcdir)/xslt.html > index.html ; fi )
         -@(if [ -x $(bindir)/xmllint ] ; then \
           $(bindir)/xmllint --valid --noout $(PAGES) ; fi );

So libxslt build host must have internet access ?

  No they are expected to have a Catalog with DocBook setup

And with DTD XHTML 1.0 setup... Yes.

In some cases packager can prefer abort of build with message about not installed Catalogs and DTDs, instead network download.

Also option '--nonet' for xmllint can signal to document writers about incorrect Catalog setup.

In our document project we use '--nonet' for all invocation of xsltproc, but can't use it for xmllint.

It is possible to make parameter in Makefiles for pass extra
options to all xmllint/xsltproc commands ?

  Parse error ... What do you mean ?

Sorry for bad English :(

IMHO, adding parameter "--xsltproc-extraparams=''" and using this value in Makefiles:
$(bindir)/xsltproc $(xsltproc-extraparams) --html ...
could be useful for configure build docs with '--nonet'.

--
Regards, Vyt
mailto:  vyt vzljot ru